Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hexed – Working Effectively In The Hex Editor

I love my hex editor! I mean I really do. As reverse engineers and binary explorers, the hex editor is arguably the most used tool for human binary reconnaissance. From format exploration to file rebuilding, it’s the best utility in our toolkit with a great legacy of its own. From the diverse range of editors to the ken of features provided, it might seem a little daunting to first timers and redundant to advanced types. It’s my goal in this article to highlight the various features of this mighty tool that might just make your day. Let’s get to it.
What should you expect from your editor?

Locating your bytes:

The main display is always a hex byte representation of the binary file arranged in a tabular fashion.


Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment